Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hey 40's people!!!!!

Msp1208 December 27th, 2020

Thanks for reading. I am a newbie to the site yet and i'm wondering what to expect? It seems a lot of conversations I've browsed, fall off and I am wondering did they get help or is nobody trying to assist that person anymore. Some go unanswered, when it seems they really need someone. It will be days later and it will not have been answered by anyone.. Is there another place to go on here that I am not aware of? When discussing any topic is it preferable to start a new thread like this or put it under another more active thread?.... Any advice appreciated. Just Curious.

On another note...my opinion today, I think the people that love the most are the strongest individuals. How do we know of real love without any pain? Just think... hate comes easy and is spewed all over. Simply watching the news can provoke a negative vibe inside us. Watching reality shows of people living their lives, instead of living your own. (Always a head-scratcher) I like pondering topics like these if anyone is up for that today or anyday...if there is no response for awhile, let's pick it back up somewhere.

Spread more love!!smiley

Msp1208 OP December 27th, 2020

@Doddysh

Hi, thank you for your response. I will continue to browse around and try and see where I fit. I know i'm 40 so I will stick around here as homebase...lol

There are some threads I upvote instead of a comment since I may not have too much experience in that area and I don't want to risk sounding offensive or something.

I just made some non-dairy hot cocoa. Not too shabby. My 2 boys and I are trying to eat healthier. Taking it up a notch with the ital/vegan diet. It has been about a month now and I haven't missed meat products at all. My daughter refuses to eat that kind of diet. So I allow her to choose.

I Always enjoy a good recipe if you or anyone that reads this would like to talk about some food? or pick a topic. I may be away at times from the app however, I will always respond back as soon as I can. Have a terrific day!

Msp1208 OP December 27th, 2020

@Doddysh

Thank you.

The holiday's are the most challenging times! Food wise. Good for you to try it out. I'm glad there is some improvement. By the way, I heard dark chocolate can potentially lower bp... you were on the right track all along. lolsmiley

I have an autoimmune disorder that affects my joints at times. I started to notice I felt better when I ate next to nothing. That's obviously not ok with me since I enjoy eating. Changing it up to healthy eating. Lots of veggies, beans, etc gives me more food to eat and I feel better so it's a win-win for me. I have noticed it takes me a bit more time to prepare foods the vegan type of way. I made vegan burgers yesterday and if I didn't have the other components like lettuce, onion, tomato, vegan mayo etc, it would be very unappealing to eat and that's not good.

It would be easier if my daughter would change to vegan. I understand. Like you mentioned, it was my decision too. I'd have been pretty upset if my dad had made us eat vegan outta nowhere. lol

Thank you and yes, feel free to chat anytime.

ouiCherie December 28th, 2020

Hi again @Msp1208 and @Doddysh

In Forum (this page) you can start a new thread, there are group topics, like this post you chose 40s connect with others in their 40s. Comments on post is also good way to connect 😊

I noticed you both in your member accounts. There are other ways to connect with others.

1-1 Chat: this is a feature where a member talk 1 on 1 with a listener. If you're on laptop/ pc, at the top of the screen click Chat and choose general request. If you're on mobile, the options are in the top left of the screen, under Chat

or, to filter a listener based on your preference, please check out here https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

Group Support Chat: the location for this option is same as 1-1 chat.

There are many rooms that open on schedule like 35+ & Above room, open every Wednesday 12 AM to Thursday 12 AM ET time.

First rooms that open if you're new usually Member Community Room or Sharing Circle.

Hope it helps a bit 💙

Oh and i agreed with what you said @Msp1208 it takes courage to love deeply ❤️

See you around!

Msp1208 OP December 28th, 2020

@ouiCherie Thank you for the information.smiley

Have a great day!smiley