Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello

MostlyQuiet February 22nd, 2023

Hi, I’m 41, and I feel like I’m brand new to life all the time. I can’t seem to catch up ever

purplelady568 February 22nd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet Hi, welcome here. I'm a similar age, and I agree that life can often feel overwhelming, especially with all the responsibilities and obligations that are placed on us, by society, by our families, or which we place on ourselves. I also recognize that some days are harder than others! Here at 7cups, we want to encourage each other and lift up others, so that no one feels quite so alone.

If you'd like to elaborate more about what you are going through, you can feel free to do so here in the comments. Alternatively, if you'd like talk things out with someone 1-1, please reach out to myself or another listener. https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

DutchMike February 22nd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet hi im also 41, welcome to new life 😊

MostlyQuiet OP February 22nd, 2023

Thanks for the smiley! It made me smile

I don’t know how to explain it, but every day I wake up and everything is unfamiliar. Some of it makes sense, I lost my job, marriage, home, and siblings all within a very short period of time, and maybe I’m just still in shock from all of that but it was like 6 years ago.

Some of it doesn’t make sense because it’s the way things have always been, but I’m just baffled by everyday things to the point where I am feeling like I got off at the wrong reality or something.

Also, I just want to say thank you for being so warm and empathetic. I feel very lucky to live in a time and place where I can connect on a mental and emotional level with people I probably will never see, and where it’s okay to not be okay for a while.

Social services in the US may not be robust enough, but I’m not homeless yet and I’m so grateful for that, sitting here listening to the rain.

purplelady568 February 23rd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet It sounds like you have endured a lot of loss and that you are still learning to cope with everything that's happened in your life. I hope that you can find supportive people at 7cups to be a listening ear and lift you up when you need it.

yellowIdea7031 February 22nd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet I am only 21 and take this with a pinch of salt... but... remember that it is your first time going through life. No one is telling you or giving you an instructions manual, you are just working it out for yourself, so remember to be kind to yourself. :)

Haha I panicked there for a second that I was supposed to have gotten an instruction manual and didn’t show up.

Thanks for the reminder that it’s not just me.

I like that you showed up today, thank you.

yellowIdea7031 February 22nd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet

If you do find a manual do tell me!

Be kind to yourself and take it easy. Take some time to do things you enjoy and make sure nothing gets in the way of that time. I recently picked up my guitar after a couple of years, I turn my phone off and (try to) play. That's really helped me recently, making some "me time" and respecting it. You are going through a lot, be kind!

If you ever need just ask. I may not have much experience on life but if someone needs a listening ear or have a laugh im always down!

Paviix May 23rd, 2023

@MostlyQuiet

hello