Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Having a hard time

FallenJedi79 June 24th, 2022

Hey everyone,

struggling a lot right now. My dog is really sick and worried he might not have much longer. I’ve always felt that losing a pet is much harder than loosing a person. I don’t know why maybe because they can’t communicate and love you so unconditionally. I’m really hoping he can bounce back but I’m really scared and feeling depressed. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

mytwistedsoul June 24th, 2022

@FallenJedi79 Hey :) I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I agree - I think losing a pet is alot harder than losing people - Our pets are often there for us when noone else is. Pet's don't abandon us or leave us when things get hard. Isn't there anything the vet can do to make him feel better? I'm sending you both good vibes - I hope he feels better soon ❤️

FallenJedi79 OP June 24th, 2022

Thanks @mytwistedsoul.

They have put him on more medication which we finally got him to take this morning, and he did finally eat this morning so I’m holding on to hope that he can bounce back from this. He was a rescue and had heart worms before he was rescued so we think this is what caused him to have left side heart failure. I am just trying to hold onto any hope I can that I will get more time with him but don’t want him to suffer. Thanks again for your kind words and positive vibes.

mytwistedsoul June 24th, 2022

@FallenJedi79 Aww that's great he took the medicine and ate! Rescues have a special place in my heart. They rescue us I think :) I'll keep sending those good vibes

So he seems to be improving today, still a little slow moving but starting to act a little more like himself! Don’t want to get my hopes up to much but it’s looking good so far. @mytwistedsoul I was fostering for a local dog rescue and took him in because he had heartworm, his teeth had been filed down and he’s got skin problems from being chained up outside all day with little care. Anyone who could do something like that is not human. There is a special place they need to go. But in spite of all of that he recovered and acted like a pup. He’s 13 but still has some pup left in him and I just hope we can have him bounce back again and get more time with him. Thank you so much for the kind words and support. Means a lot to me. I hope I can return the favor for you.

mytwistedsoul June 25th, 2022

@FallenJedi79 I'm glad he's doing alittle better! I know it can take time for them to bounce back and probably to get the meds in him. Hope is good because they sense what we feel too

Omg people disgust me with how cruel they are. And there is a special place for people like that and I don't feel bad saying that they'll get what they deserve. His poor teeth! That's so sick and to keep them chained outside. I'm so glad he found you and you're seeing that he lives his best golden years. My girl here is a teenager too. She was a rescue many years ago. If you couldn't tell - I'm a big animal lover and I have alot of respect for you for opening your home to him * still sending those vibes* I hope you'll keep us posted on his recovery and I hope this is the start of many more good days to come for you both ❤️ give him a big hug for me and maybe a couple of treats too :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 24th, 2022

@FallenJedi79

Aww my heart :/ it really is deeply upsetting to even think of losing a loved one, specially when the loved one is a furry ball of unconditional love and comfort. ❤

Feeling depressed and worried about your pet is more than understandable. Sending you lots love and strength. Truly hope he recovers super soon. 🥺❤

Thanks so much, that means a lot. He has shown some improvement today and I’m taking it as a good sign that hoped he’s not done yet and still has some good years left. When he looks at me with those adorable eyes and gives me kisses. It melts my heart and I just don’t want him to go yet. That being said I’m not going to let him suffer just to keep him around. That’s not fair to him and I love him to much to do that. I think it’s messed up that we can put a pet out of their misery and suffering but humans are constantly made to suffer and languish on. Maybe I’m weird but just always found that a bit strange. Anyways thanks again for the support. I hope I can do the same for you.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 25th, 2022

@FallenJedi79

Aww ofcourse and absolutely no worries on returning the gesture. Maybe you can though? By hanging in tightly and taking super great care of yourself. That'll be more than enough for me. ❤

It's indeed messed up and no, definitely not strange of you, I feel thoughts like these are bound to cross our minds and sometimes with a good reasoning too. It is incredibly kind of you to have a consideration for the down sides of this situation too, such is the purest form of love anyway, we simply can't see them hurting in anyways, even though the idea of losing alone is tremendously difficult to have.

I really really hope he has many good years, happy years to stay with you, we sure do not want to exceed on our hope sometimes as it is nearly a crushing experience when things go south, but a little hope in heart is more than valid to keep. Such is love. ❤

*offers hugs*

Sweetbuttercup33 June 28th, 2022

Hello @FallenJenJedi79,

I’m so sorry about your dog and you are right losing a let is much more painful than a person. Honestly I have lost one of my fur babies myself and its the most horrible feeling to go through. Hopefully your dog is able to recover I will be praying for him and you I hope that he responds well to the medications they give him. Sending positive vibes your way take care.