Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety and depression

asmaaabuelnaga24 October 13th, 2021

hello. I am 37 I live in Egypt..I suffered from mood swings, anxiety and depression since I was an early teen...I had many dreams but my family destroyed them cause of religious restrictions...I tried to live away from them just to have a normal life but bec of financial issues I am stuck again with them, every couple of days my monsters raises and about and blame everyone for every wrong thing that happened to me.i wiish I had a normal life to move on normally and progress normally in life.

i want to hide in a cocoon and remefge as the person I have dreamt to be...

i dont want to spend the rest of my life binge eating and taking sleeping pills to hide..

i hate myslef when my monster awakes and hurts everyone

VioletSpringGlade November 5th, 2021

@asmaaabuelnaga24

Hi! How were things when you were living away from your family? Do you have plans to move away again? Do you have/need support with that? It sounds like you are feeling very frustrated living there, and feel unable to be yourself. And maybe have a lifetime of resentment and hurt? 💛

Samarah1 November 11th, 2021

i understand the culture and restrictions. I hope you can speak to therapists in Egypt as I’ve heard services are available in main cities. If you’d like to talk to someone, I’m here to listen.

Lasweetbaby34 November 12th, 2021

@asmaaabuelnaga24,

I know it’s been a while since you have posted this, but just wanted to reach out and hopefully you are still on here. I’m so sorry you are going through all of this, and living with your family is the worse. I can relate to that to I remember I just to live with my family and do to financial issues I had to go back. I know living With family that destroy your future as well as your dreams is really hard and it leaves you with a lot of resentment towards them and it makes you angry and turn into a person that you don’t want to be. I know right now might be hard to live with them not sure if you still do, but like the other person is asking how was your life before when you were living away from them? Was it different did you like being alone and where you able to continue with your dreams. I hope that you have but if you haven’t let me tell you we are here for you and I know how it feels being on sleeping pills but sometimes it’s the only way for a person to sleep and feel less stress out. I’m also here for you don’t hesitate to come back and talk to anyone of us take care.