Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wait I’m in my 40’s?

Bellabug March 4th, 2021

I wish I knew then what I know now. The decisions I would have changed. I know they say you are now are the you you’re supposed to be because of the choices you made, but that seems harsh.

ouiCherie March 4th, 2021

@Bellabug

Understand Bella ♡ I guess we all would have done differently had we knew what's in the future. Hugs

Here is a question:

🍊 What do you feel your future self would say to your today's?

🍊 What would you say to your dearest friend if he/she feels what you're feeling now?

🙂💜

SparkyGizmo March 4th, 2021

@Bellabug

Hi Bellabug! Thank you for your post! smiley I guess if someone has said that before, I can kind of see what they are saying. The way I like to think of things is "tabula rosa" (not sure if I spelled that correctly) but essentially it means "clean slate". We can reinvent ourselves. We can start over. We can wake up one morning and wipe the slate clean.

But it takes us to make the choice to do so and give ourselves permission. Sometimes simply us letting ourselves off of the hook, forgiving ourselves, having empathy and compassion for ourselves and really understanding that we did what we had to do in a certain place and time. We did it. That time was then and this time is now.

We know better now. And so this is the beauty of it all angelangelangel Sometimes we truly can be our very own harshest critics. I send you big *hugs* heart

bipolarcancersurvivor March 4th, 2021

What a great saying: tabula rosa. It is hard to forgive oneself and find reasons to keep on living but like mom said I will try to think of myself as born again and recognize that the mental illness will not beat me down to the ground.

SparkyGizmo March 5th, 2021

@bipolarcancersurvivor

Many thanks my friend! smiley Thank you for contributions to this post! I'm glad you like that saying and also the thought process that goes right along with it. I send big *hugs*heart

bipolarcancersurvivor March 7th, 2021

Thank you so much.

jayen009 May 22nd, 2021

Well...........In my case I am alone and lookinfg for someone to come in my life......what you guys think of I am 43 male.....do you think i should go for having new life partner in this age or i should live my life as it is ??