Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Soon to be empty nester

NeonBunny5008 January 8th, 2023

My baby is graduating this year. I can't believe how fast it went by that my 2 boys have grown into amazing boys. I thank God every day that I have good boys and the life I have.

I've been thinking I'll need a hobby cause I can't site here and watch tv or be on my phone all night.

My mom gave me a ceramic bowl that my grandmother made. I was thinking of maybe starting pottery or painting ceramics.

What are your hobbies?

SweetPea321 January 8th, 2023

My hobbies are relaxing, sleeping and taking breaks 😄 because that's all I feel like doing when I have time to myself. Congratulations on raising two wonderful boys. Now you can have some time for yourself. I hope you find some fun things to do. Painting ceramics sounds cool.

NeonBunny5008 OP January 8th, 2023

Lol SweetPea

I do that already too. That's why I need a hobby. Can't do nothing all the time.

SweetPea321 January 9th, 2023

In addition to my hobbies, I also do alot of resting, pausing and daydreaming. So yeah...I stay busy 😄

Espejo January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

One of my hobbies is going to dance classes like ballet or contemporary dance. There's a good mix of age ranges in class and people are very inclusive so if you like to dance, this might be a good fit! Enjoy your free time! 💃

Thanks Espejo I love to dance, I'll have to look for something around here.

MsJenna January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008 Relaxing and listening to music

Jaeteuk January 8th, 2023

A very happy moment, when your boys have grown up wonderfully!

Painting ceramics is fun. I used to do that about a decade ago. There was a store two blocks away from my house back then. I went there at least twice a week and spend at least 2 hours each visit. I'd pick out a sculpture, then sit down and paint it. My bedroom is filled with all my finished products. I stopped this hobby after we moved and the store closed down, I wasn't able to find a similar place nearby to continue.

I've recently picked up a past interest, I had learned to play the piano in my childhood. So, I've started spend time on my piano again. Since it was something I have learned, playing songs that I was familiar with, part of the song is by memory. Even if decades have passed. So, when that memory is scattered throughout the piece of music, I often lose my spot when I try to follow the score. So, I've decided to start with the basics again. Just to build up of familiarizing myself with the keyboard again.

Here's to hoping you find your own hobbies, and wishing your boys to continue living a fulfilling life ahead of them!~

@NeonBunny5008

I use to paint ceramics when I was in college. I enjoyed it.

spongbobishappy January 8th, 2023

@NeonBunny5008

Please check out the 7Cups.com Hobby Zone : https://www.7cups.com/home/hobbyzone/

NeonBunny5008 OP January 9th, 2023

Thanks I joined.

7 cups is starting to be a new hobby. Lol