Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need help with this

redSpruce1863 November 16th, 2022

My sons is 14 . 5 months ago he had some serious seizures. While in hospital he told a social worker and myself that his father had given him hard drugs. A Horse tranquilizer , (ketamin). Devastating!!!!

It took the social worker 3 weeks to report this to the police . My son was willing to do a interview as had a falling out with his father at the time .

5 months later the police have done nothing , they did not arrange the interview and he has now acquainted with his father again so not prepared to do interview now because it was left for so long. During this time I have contacted police 5 times to chase them to deal with it . They did nothing.

I cannot not understand the social work or police system that would drag there feet on such a serious issue and as his mother I am left very disturbed by the system as one month ago I observed the social worker encouraging contact with his father and discouraging the police interview. So 2 days later he was at his dad's house again. It is appaling .

The seizures were very bad and there has been no accountability , so it will happen again and there's nothing I can do .

SweetPea321 November 19th, 2022

I'm sorry you're going through this. Good luck to you and your son.

BrightandGentleHand November 21st, 2022

That sounds devasting, @redSpruce1863! I'm not sure what happened with the police and social worker, but going to the doctor may help with healing. What can you do also for refuge?