Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Heartbroken...need a friend 😢

emptyturtle21 March 8th, 2021

I just found out a few days ago that my husband been having an affair for a few years and I never knew. To top it off the girl got his name tattooed on her. I’m soooo devastated!! Him and I been together for 17yrs. Since high school. Been married what would have been 10yrs next month. Over the years I’ve heard he had multiple relationships with other people but he denied everyone of them. He is very persuasive. I just can’t understand how he loves on me the way he does but then does all these things. After I confronted him the other day he denied everything and was yelling and screaming on the phone with me. Little does he know my best friend told me because she ran into the girl. I told him it was over and I can’t do it anymore. I texted him today to mention a bill was due that he pays and he blocked me. How is he mad that he got caught??? I’m so sad I can’t even eat. All I know is him. I need a friend. I’m so sad.

Thatoneguy1387Sunysulman March 8th, 2021

Hey I’m kind of in a very similar issue

emptyturtle21 OP March 8th, 2021

I hope it gets better for you love.

Thatoneguy1387Sunysulman March 8th, 2021

So you have a friend I’ve put my girl through a lot so I can relate from a mans perspective

I do have a friend, however she is busy with her new baby these days. We don’t get too much time with each other now. I wish you and your lady the best of luck.

43Wallflowers March 8th, 2021

Thank you for sharing your story :) I'm sorry for what you're going through, I can't imagine how hard it must be. I just have to say, it's possible to love someone and hurt them at the same time :/ I don't know much about your story, but it seems to me like maybe your husband has been gaslighting you. If you don't know what that means, I recommend you look it up. Also, I'm so proud of you for telling him that it was over! Takes a lot of strength to make a choice like that. It's hard right now, but it will get better. And I know that that's cliche, but it's the truth!

I do know what that means and it’s crazy that you see that because I’ve been saying this to myself the past few days. Thank you, I’m trying.

friendlyDog2021 March 17th, 2021

Hi! I hope this message reaches you. This is definitely the other persons loss and you do not deserve it at all. ❤️

MrBelieve21 April 1st, 2021

I had the same issue but Learn to let go and move on

TylerG1984 April 6th, 2021

@emptyturtle21,

I hope that this message finds you in a better and more positive place than last month. As one who has also been betrayed (recently), life seems so bleak in the direct aftermath. Finding positive holds and forcing yourself to climb will help tremendously, even if it seems overwhelming right now. There is no metric for the healing or the time needed, but you will know it when it starts. As the pain fades and new joys emerge, forge yourself anew with all of it.

Make every step forward.

unoonu April 7th, 2021

I'm really sorry you are going through that. I'm here if you ever need an ear or a friend😊

resourcefulOwl7361 April 12th, 2021

I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through and can’t imagine the pain. I’m also going through a difficult breakup after 9 years together. We have to believe there are better days ahead. Sending you so much love and hugs 💕

Sun16 April 15th, 2021

It is overwhelming and must feel awful, and going to a real psychotherapist would be very helpful. Yet for the start, I would suggest you taking a piece of paper and breaking it all down to elements- what happened, your emotions, the outcome and what's next. For example, you are likely to feel stressed for several reasons: first, because it was a breach of your trust and sense of safety - a situation in which any brain would be stressed. To get some relief you could introduce nice little routines to your life - so that your brain feels more stable. Next is a fact that a very close person physically left you. Here you need to fill in the space with other people on regular basis. That could be exercising with a personal instructor, taking any sort of private lessons. This would make up a little for the absence of care and contact. Another thing is realising that you need two to tango... What happened to you happened to many people who didn't trust their senses. You should learn to trust your gut and don't get close with the people who make you feel uncomfortable. You should care more for your mental health and happiness, even if your senses are mistaken. 'I feel wrong/weird/unstable around this person' is enough reason to leave them. Yet, neither should you be paranoid about your partner's dishonesty. And for that you need to be confident in that you are capable of building great relationship and you are worthy of love. You need to find that sweet spot where your life is full of wonderful things and people, and not just your partner. Then letting go wouldn't be that devastating and you would not let bastard persuade you again and again. To sum up, I would like to cheer you up here. You are free now 😊 Free from a rotten relationship, which could have lasted years longer.. making you more and more unsure about yourself, unstable and unhappy. Yes, you spent many years with this person and it feels like failure, but hey, many of us been there (me included ;) and there was something good about your relationship, so you are not a dummy. Just get that back straight, learn from your mistakes and let go. 7 years is enough and he used all the possible chances to make you happy. No more mercy. Take care.

Peanuttbater April 29th, 2021

I feel the same dear. Im emotionally hurt

jayen009 May 22nd, 2021

Well...........In my case I am alone and lookinfg for someone to come in my life......what you guys think of I am 40 male.....do you think i should go for having new life partner in this age or i should live my life as it is ??