Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

IM ALWAYS THERE FOR EVERYONE, BUT WHEN I NEED SOMEBODY OR NEED HELP, I REALIZE THERE’s NO ONE AROUND.

StrugglingFemale July 20th, 2023

They don’t support me when I’m in need. I always heard “I’m here for you, I got you, I got your back” or “if you need me or need help just ask” but then you try to tell them whats going on and ask, and no one is there to help or be there for you. Somehow it ends up just been about them. Unfortunately, not receiving the same kindness i have given to others is something that has been making me sad, and upset lately.

I’m always there at the expense of my own time, sacrificing myself. I really feel so use like a dirty rag.

I really need somebody now; health dental related, I'm nervous don't know what's going on. Even my husband is treating me indifferent unkind, inconsiderate, is like he never likes me when I'm sick.

So, I'm ending up isolating myself from everyone, ( I feel like I don't want any of them around anymore, don't want them crossing my space anymore) im in discomfort and very nervous! Worried scare! and I don’t know where, who to turn to… and it also has been silence from their end too, I think that shows a lot.

Maybe a stranger will be more kind and caring and accompany me, hold my hand while I get seen in a Dr office.

And yet I'm holding on to hope, that the one person-my husband will think a little, and reconsider and show kindness and be the husband I'm hoping for right now. ( yeah I know)

Cookiedonuts2000 July 25th, 2023

@StrugglingFemale

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time, feeling unsupported and not receiving the care and kindness you need. Understandably, this situation is making you sad, upset, and isolated. Sometimes, it can be challenging when the people we expect to be there for us don't live up to our expectations.

First and foremost, it's essential to prioritize your health and well-being. If you're experiencing health-related issues, it's crucial to seek medical attention and get the necessary help. Don't hesitate to visit a doctor or a healthcare professional to address your concerns and fears. If possible, try reaching out to a friend, family member, or someone you trust to accompany you during the appointment if you feel more comfortable having support.

Regarding the situation with your husband and feeling like he's not being supportive, open communication is key. If you feel comfortable doing so, try talking to him honestly about your feelings and concerns. Sometimes people may not realize the impact of their actions unless it's brought to their attention. If communication feels challenging, consider seeking couples therapy to address any underlying issues and improve your relationship.

Remember that it's okay to seek help from others, whether they are close friends or professional therapists, to talk about your feelings and experiences. Talking to a neutral person can sometimes provide new perspectives and emotional support.

Lastly, it's crucial to take care of yourself and set healthy boundaries with others. It's okay to distance yourself from those who don't treat you with kindness and respect. Surround yourself with people who genuinely care about you and reciprocate the support you give them.

If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to contact friends, family, or even support groups. There are also helplines available where you can speak with someone anonymously about what you're going through.

Remember, you are not alone, and seeking help and support is a sign of strength, not weakness. Take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being.