Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Family issues

Thisisthemoon October 3rd, 2022

Warning: Sorry if my English is bad, I speak Spanish.

I can not stand it anymore. I don't know if I have any mental illness because my parents never took me to a psychologist (they think those things are for people with trauma).

I feel like a bomb that explodes at any moment, with any touch. I always try not to respond badly but people always blame me for everything. I began to reflect and maybe if I am to blame.

All my discussions are with my family, we can't communicate with each other. We never apologize, we just forget about it. I try to apologize but they just don't care, they take my apology as if they were right in the argument (and they are not).

I'm tired of yelling all the time, I don't know how to stay calm in an argument.

calmDew1576 October 3rd, 2022

@Thisisthemoon What you're going through sounds very challenging... Hearing an apology from your parents shows and teaches you respect and helps you grow self-value. What you feel is very understandable and what you ask for very normal dear. The way you manage an argument has to do with your environment and your past experiences. It is expected to not know how to communicate properly considering that. Most of the family members don't have bad intentions but they also don't know what to do. We are always here for you and you can always connect with a listener to vent. Also try to consider therapy and let me know what you think. Since you family is closely related to the challenges you are facing, family therapy can be very helpful. Everything is going to fall into place eventually! Wishing you all the best and thank you for sharing your story with us!

spongbobishappy October 3rd, 2022

@Thisisthemoon

Thisisthemoon : I am extending an invitation to join me in the Sharing Circle chat room ! 😊

220c October 3rd, 2022

@Thisisthemoon Hi, I am sorry to what has happened to you. It is reasonable to feel that way, and I get it. In my family, we never apologize to each other too. They think they're right because they're the adult and I am the child. But this is not how it supposed to be. I strongly believe that whether is correct or not, it should be determine by the truth not the "age". I hope you feel better and if you have anything else you can definitely talk to me. It was nice meeting you and hope you have a great day.

DeGo6691 October 3rd, 2022

@Thisisthemoon

That sounds like my life too. I am sorry you are experiencing this. I feel like i better not talk to anyone because I offend everyone. Good luck