Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The dilemma, and venting...I think I’m wrong for it?...

StrugglingFemale March 10th, 2023

I have my own struggles emotional, mentally, on top of financial, but I work hard to stay on a positive light and pull myself together everyday, all on my own too. Now I have a sibling in a marital crisis, doesn’t seem they(sibling) want to get out of emotional rut, stays negative, in a I can’t mode, doesn’t seem like their kids are of any real motivation. The constant phone calls just to hear the same story running over and over and over (just over 2 month period now), keeps chasing the same thing over and over, keeps asking for a what to do. But yet doesn’t take advice or point of views well, disregards, and keeps staying in their emotional web, and wants to keep me on texts or phone calls all day and all night. gets way ahead in the future, mind runs wild.but I don't have the answers or their fix, which I feel they keep pushing for me to have. Now wants me and family to go to visit for vacation days, cause she needs family, but is weird, and feels like they will be putting us in such awkward, and twisted situation. (plus I have my financial struggles can't afford that) Or they will come down to visit, which makes me feel the same way, putting my family in our own home in the middle of their very intense distress. I have been there before they grab on and tie you down to their needs. Very needy, intense, major drama. And interrupts my entire life, and my family’s. they say they are there for me but are never there when I'm in need, they act the same as I have described above...with my problems, if I call I don't need all that, I just need an ear. Now I just avoid them cause I really know they are not there like I need. So this is driving me crazy, feel like I need therapy just cause of their situation. I don't know what to do. I dread the phone calls, and dread the thought of physically seen them, cause I know it going to turn into a ugly emotional circus from their part, and having to bow down to their needs. And will they want to leave after they are here?!!? (oh no)

I have enough with my own struggles, ad all the things I have to do. To have this, makes me want to pull my hair out.

And they don't hear reason or respect boundaries they can’t or down want to. 🤷‍♀️

Now am I wrong for feeling this way, I struggle too, and maybe I should understand... But it's too much to handle now, and knowing that I will never really will be able to count on them been there for me, makes it hard too.

Am I wrong for this, for venting about someone that is struggling in their way too? For wishing for them to let me have some peace... For wishing for them to let me be, to not push visiting??

Am I wrong?

toughTiger6481 March 11th, 2023

@StrugglingFemale

No you are not wrong .... you do not need to take on their drama either

IF this was not family but a friend would you have issues setting and keeping boundaries?

You do not need to visit and it is rude to expect someone who may not be able to afford it to just drop everything to come visit...... I had siblings like this ....no they have not passed but i no longer deal with people who REFUSE to take any advice or make any changes to help themselves.

StrugglingFemale OP March 14th, 2023

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was feeling like a bad person. I appreciate having someone telling me I’m not wrong,

spongbobishappy March 14th, 2023

@StrugglingFemale

I am inviting you to join me in the Sharing Circle chat room ! 😊