Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

trigger warning: past attempt

123asha August 23rd

Hi, 

I’m here because I’m trying to find people in my age group who have struggled with the same things as I have, such as suicide, depression and loneliness. I recently attempted t and have since been in and out of hospital care with no real improvement to my mental state. I just feel really alone and isolated as I haven’t been able to open up properly to anyone I know in real life. I often cope using alcohol and lately it has become more and more destructive. I rarely leave the house anymore and I haven’t spoken to any one else but my doctor for weeks. I’m hoping to find some community here with people struggling with the same issues as I am, as well as some support from those on the other side of this.

BlueSoul2290 August 23rd

@123asha
Hi

I'm truly sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time. First and foremost, I hope you find the support, empathy, and help you need to get through this.

I hesitated a bit before writing a reply to this post cause  I’ve been through something similar, and I wasn’t sure if I could offer the right advice or help you see the bright side of life. But I want you to know that I truly understand how difficult it can be to face the feelings of depression and loneliness you're experiencing, and I hope this makes you feel less alone.

if you ever feel like talking or venting, please reach out to me anytime. Even though I don’t have all the answers, sometimes just having someone to talk to can make a difference.

Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon 🙏🍀
123asha OP August 28th

Hi @BlueSoul2290,

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but thanks for reaching out. I often hear that the hardest part of combatting loneliness is reaching out, but for me, the struggle seems to be in building a continuous exchange. I don’t like talking because I never seem to find the right words, especially when it feels like no one around me understands. I’m glad that you read the message and replied. It truly means a lot. I have a hard time feeling as if there will be an end to this, and with school starting up soon I can easily see my days going back to the perpetual loop they were on before I attempted. I still don’t feel much better, in all honesty, but knowing I’m not alone is better than nothing at all. Thank you, truly, it means a lot. 

BlueSoul2290 August 29th

@123asha

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t felt much better yet. I think healing can take time, and it’s okay if it doesn’t happen all at once. maybe taking things one step at a time could help. Even small changes or breaks can make a difference. 

and I totally get what you mean of not being able to find the right words when you want to talk. I think this normal to happen to us when there's a lot going on in our minds because it can be difficult to explain complex thoughts or feelings in a few simple words. espicially when it feels like no matter what you say people won't understand. but the fact that you trying to reached out and are open about your feelings is a significant step, and I think Even the smallest connection can make a big difference.
Tripleplay August 29th

I’m not good with words, but reach out on one of my posts if you ever just need someone to talk to. Even if the words are few which I understand.