Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling with feeling like I deserve relationships/lonliness

Wallapology June 5th, 2023

I’ve never really dated anyone— and I’ve had some rocky relationships with “dating”— both online and not— in the past; gr00ming and whatnot. I think it’s impacted my ability to open up and feel secure about others. I’m currently crushing on two separate people who likely have no idea; it’s not even them, specifically, it’s the idea of being in a secure enough place with someone to be with them on that intimate of a level. One of them I’ve known for a year or two now, and we click about certain weird internet things on an emotional level— one of them is my classmate, and he’s really intriguing. I want to get to know him better but I’m a little too nervous to ask him to hang out alone.

I’ve been faced with rejections and having to reject people with a lack of mutual interest over the last couple of years; I found myself walking home from a cafe doubting myself. It’s very likely there’s no mutual interest here, but I’m neurodivergent and sometimes I have a hard time understanding and navigating those feelings. I’m also hella insecure about weight gain, my appearance, a lot of my personality and interests so that doesn’t help.

all that is to say— anyone have any advice for any of this? And even if not, thanks for reading. :)

Wallapology OP June 5th, 2023

Sorry, so many typos!!! Its late where I’m at, I’m tired as *** 😂

yournextdoortherapist June 5th, 2023

helloo, you beautiful person!

im really sorry to hear that you’re insecure about your appearance and more but need i remind you that butterflies can’t see their appearance we humans see them and their vibrant colours and think of them as beautiful so *** what i’m trying to say is, you may not find yourself attractive but you haven’t seen yourself from the pov of someone else and best believe that if you did you wouldn’t feel how you’re feeling! and oh lastly everybody like a little tummy i have it too! i call mine tums 🤭 don’t be so hard on yourself kiddo it’ll all be alright!

much love and virtual hugs! ^_^

yournextdoortherapist June 5th, 2023

i write i g idky it keeps getting censored 🥲 i’m really sorry if that’s a trigger :/