Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

June is Men's Mrntal Health Month

littleCurrent7762 June 13th

Hey all, I was looking for some advice.

My neighbor is a lonely guy. He lives alone and gets no company. He only smokes and drinks.

Last week, he asked me out. I am not interested in dating rn.

I know the guy is probably not doing well and I want to just ask him if he is okay, genuinely. I want to do something kind for him BUT I want to be safe too.

How would you recommend I approach this? I don't want him to get the wrong idea that I like him but I do want to make sure he is okay. Men and women feel free to reply to this.

Obviously I want safety and boundaries to be a priority while treating him with respect and human decency, no matter what he's going through.

Heather225 June 17th

just came across your post. giving this a bump for you!

littleCurrent7762 OP June 18th

@Heather225 thanks

pandanfe June 18th

@littleCurrent7762

Personally I would have approached him as a friend while also maintaining healthy boundaries. If he respects that, I won't mind hanging out with him. But in cases like this, yes, its normal for people to sometimes get wrong idea and think we like them romantically. So it is also important to clarify the nature of the relationship early on.

littleCurrent7762 OP June 18th

@pandanfe thank you for your input :)

pandanfe June 19th

@littleCurrent7762 did you reach out to him already?

littleCurrent7762 OP June 19th

@pandanfe not yet. I'm waiting for a natural opportunity to approach him about it

pandanfe June 20th

@littleCurrent7762 

oh i hope you get it pretty soon and i wish this relationship be a healthier ones 💛