Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Emotionally stuck

Pabuu February 15th

Hello. 

I need therapy but I still live at home with my parents (working on moving out) and I don’t want to have to explain to them why I need it and it would be suspicious if I went to the doctor every week. I’m stuck with trauma and I lack the skills to unpack it and heal. 

tranquilechoes February 15th

@Pabuu

Hey there,

First off, big virtual hug to you. It takes a lot to recognize the need for therapy, and I respect your courage in reaching out. Dealing with trauma is no joke, and wanting to heal is a massive step in the right direction.

Now, about the living-with-parents situation – totally get it. The whole doctor-every-week thing could raise eyebrows. How about framing it in a way that doesn't spill all the beans? You could say you're going for some general counseling to manage stress or improve your overall well-being. That way, it's a bit more on the down-low.

If you're concerned about privacy, you might want to check if there are therapists who offer online sessions. This way, you can have your sessions without even leaving your room.

And hey, if you ever need someone to chat with or vent, I'm here. Therapy journey or not, you're not alone in this. 💙Hey there,

First off, big virtual hug to you. It takes a lot to recognize the need for therapy, and I respect your courage in reaching out. Dealing with trauma is no joke, and wanting to heal is a massive step in the right direction.

Now, about the living-with-parents situation – totally get it. The whole doctor-every-week thing could raise eyebrows. How about framing it in a way that doesn't spill all the beans? You could say you're going for some general counseling to manage stress or improve your overall well-being. That way, it's a bit more on the down-low.

If you're concerned about privacy, you might want to check if there are therapists who offer online sessions. This way, you can have your sessions without even leaving your room.

And hey, if you ever need someone to chat with or vent, I'm here. Therapy journey or not, you're not alone in this. 💙

Pabuu OP February 16th

@tranquilechoes 

Thanks for the advice. I don’t know if it will work because to them I’m just my happy normal self. There are no big stressors in my life to warrant therapy and they would definitely pry. It’s also possible I’m making excuses to not go because I’m scared. 

jesusredeemedme2425 February 21st

@Pabuu

A lot of therapists do phone sessions. You could do a session while you're in your car driving if you need to :)