Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husbands learning & supporting a Menopausal wife

TheJeff November 2nd, 2022

I would love to find support and discussion for husbands that are learning about menopause. Learning how to adapt and understand the menopause journey. Wives are not alone in this and as a loving husband I want to understand what role I can take. I would also like support for the struggles I encounter as the partner of a menopausal wife.

amiablePeace77 November 3rd, 2022

@TheJeff

It is very nice of you to want to understand what your wife is going through and how you can help her. Getting support from a partner can make such a big difference for a woman and can prevent her from feeling lost and alone. It can be very hard having to face menopause not understanding what is going on in the body, feeling that your environment does not understand your reactions and neither the person you love most in your life. So big thumbs up for you!

You can read about menopause here https://www.7cups.com/home/50plus/ Select under Filter by Topic Menopause and Perimenopause. You're also very welcome to pm me if you have any questions or post your question in the forum.

TheJeff OP November 5th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 Thank you!

BuffOrpington November 4th, 2022

You might want to look up Jen Gunter's work - she's written a book, blog posts, has a podcast, and talks about menopause regularly. Might be an avenue for more information. Best of luck.

TheJeff OP November 5th, 2022

@BuffOrpington thank you. I downloaded this book and will read it this weekend.

DavidCruze November 10th, 2022

Just love him