Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Happy to listen and share

zaramerch February 16th, 2023

I would love to learn to deal with narcissists so I am not so triggered.

globalBraid3744 February 17th, 2023

@zaramerch

It takes time to learn how to handle conversations with narcissists. I think that in order to find what works for you, you also need to know yourself well. You can try to observe what kind of behavior/ remarks is triggering the most. When other people trigger us it might be the case that there is also something we need to work on ourselves - such as low self-esteem, dissatisfaction in a specific area of our life, etc. If you feel like there is really nothing more you can work on and you simply find conversations with such people draining, perhaps it is needed to set clear boundaries. you can try some of the tips in this article: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-deal-with-a-narcissist

Heart4art March 30th, 2023

@zaramerch I found it very helpful to learn about narcissists and their tactics. When I realized that they repeatedly used deliberate tactics and engaged in certain behavior patterns, it helped me to disengage with them faster and easier. Their behavior is antisocial and damaging to others around them. I feel like we should be triggered a little bit by them, this is what signals us that there is danger. How we handle that triggered feeling is different. When we realize that they often like to make us feel upset, then we can stop giving them the rewards and narcissistic supply they are looking for.

Mommysboy March 30th, 2023

@zaramerch

My therapist told me that is what I'm going through.. hi