Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

looking to find help

raspberryBlackberry6846 January 23rd, 2020

Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm still trying to figure out how this site works. I figure the best way is to just jump straight in. I have been thinking of going to a therapist for a while now, but I'm too scared to talk to someone in person about all the things going on in my head. It's also very much out of my budget. I don't really have anyone close to me who understands depression that I'm willing to talk to.

To sum my situation up, I have been struggling with undiagnosed depression for years. I'm 22, and I guess being an adult and living on my own has made it worse. I can't commit to anything, I give up so easily. I moved across the country to have a fresh start only to find myself more alone than I've ever felt. I have no motivation to do anything anymore, and I really just want to get better.

I'm hoping to talk to people who understand, and maybe get some advice. Hopefully I am able to give advice to others in the process.

-a.o

Gujon3073 January 27th, 2020

@raspberryBlackberry6846 hi welcome, i hope you get the support you need. I feel and share that pain. Youre not alone. To move takes huge courage in the first place and i admire you for that. There are tasks yoi cant always complete 1st time, thats ok come back to them. But dont let it beat you, or overwhelm.