Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

hello!

icantwaittogetbetter May 23rd, 2023

I'm new to this and don't really know what to do lol! I just finished high school, so I'm trying to be the best person I can be when I start college next year, so hopefully the whole growth path thing on here will help with that.

I struggle a bit with getting things done due to physical and mental health stuff, so it's kind of hard for me to keep hobbies going, but I'm interested in upcycling, knitting (and I'm learning to crochet!), gardening, reading, etc. I want to write fiction someday as well, but I'm going to be a STEM major, so who knows. I like most music, but my favorites right now are probably Grandson and Mitski.

Pease tell me about yourself if you'd like! I'd love to make new friends, and I'll do my best to be there if you ever need any support.

warm wishes <3

Ivy229 May 23rd, 2023

@icantwaittogetbetter

Welcome to 7 Cups Of Tea. You seem like a very smart, determined and pretty self-aware especially for someone so young. Wanting to grow and become the best person you can be is amazing. Good luck with everything.

icantwaittogetbetter OP May 24th, 2023

@Ivy229

Thank you very much! I wish you the best, and good luck with everything in your life as well :)

zaatarHoney May 23rd, 2023

@icantwaittogetbetter

Welcome to 7 Cups and congratulations on completing high school! Whew! What a breath of fresh air, huh? I'm hearing you have so many passions, including your academic/career pathway, these are all phenomenal.

I enjoyed reading about all of your interests and if you're open to any suggestions, I personally would recommend 1 approach and 1 philosophy. :)

SMART goals and the philosophy of 1%. I made SMART a hyperlink to a page that can explain further and more in depth if you're interested, and the philosophy of 1% comes from a book called Atomic Habits which follows the premise of "1% better for 1 year is better than 100% better for 4 weeks." I feel it's helpful in terms of preventing burn out and promotes "Do what you can." or "Some progress is better than choosing not to make any," which you can use for your hobbies, health and self-care goals as well. :)

If you're interested too, 7 Cups offers a Time Management Growth Path where you can even earn a certification and badge for completing, although, you can just commit to the growth path for fun. :) You can find more about that here.

As someone who also lives with physical and mental ailments, life can take a lot out of us- our battery doesn't seem to be as full as it might be for others who live without them. Personally, a lot of my SMART goals consist of self-care and other means of coping to ensure nurturing me comes first- because there's so much I'm up to, and still have yet to make happen. And, from what you've shared, I'm sensing that about you too. 🌸 And I'm also sensing- with the right support, approach and timing, you are so capable of making whatever you'd like a reality.

And far as 7 Cups, as you mentioned being new and unsure of what to do, I wanted to let you know: we have a group chat called Sharing Circle - it's a positive environment to meet new people here. Each member is given 7 minutes to share if they want to join the queue, and/or you can support members who are sharing. :) As well as Sub-Communities in the forums and group chats that focus on specific areas like Anxiety, Depression, Disability, Trauma, etc, to meet likeminded people who understand. ♥︎ In the forums, you're free to post and participate in check-ins, as well as, visit our group chats as we have open sessions and guided discussions there.

Hope you like it here and are able to make good friends here on the platform! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to reach out to me anytime. I'm on throughout the week and I'm in the EDT timezone. :) Take care!!

icantwaittogetbetter OP May 25th, 2023

@zaatarHoney

Hi!

Thank you for taking your time to write such a friendly and informative response. You seem like a super kind and perseverant person.

I have actually been looking into self-help books recently, but there's just so many, so I appreciate the recommendation and I will definitely check out Atomic Habits. It's great that you're able to prioritize yourself! As a person with a chronic illness as well, I like the idea of just doing what you can.

Have a great night! :)

icantwaittogetbetter OP May 24th, 2023

@icantwaittogetbetter

**Please,,, anyway lmao