Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome to my crisis

siromnibor November 17th, 2017

I joined this site after a Google search as I have been up all night too anxious to sleep and felt reaching out might help calm my nerves.

A bit about me and my situation...

I am a 31 year old Australian guy currently living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with my long term girlfriend. Not being able to communicate in this country has left me isolated and I have had too much time alone with my thoughts and I have recently uncovered some painful memories and feelings regarding my adolscence. These are to do with two very major changes in my life when I was 12-13 years old: My family relocating interstate and my parents subsequent divorce .

This is the exact point in my life when lightning struck and everything went dark.

Since making this discovery earlier this week I have been horribly depressed, barely sleeping, crying frequently and completely re-evaluating my entire existence. I know witnessing divorce is a common starting point for declining mental health so maybe other people have gone through it and can offer advice. Hopefully posting here helps, if so then I will most likely make it a habbit.

Thank you. Be excellent to each other!

Emily619 June 1st, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story of courage, as you honestly seem like such a brave person heart If you'd like, feel free to check out the Around the World Sub-Community to find others who may be close by geographically. I hope you find the support here that you deserve!