Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introduction

sociableOak324 June 29th, 2020

Hi my name is Lily. Next month will be one year that I am in a new position where I work. It started out stressful and extremely busy from the first day, but it was good because I thought everyone was understanding that I am inexperienced in this particular department. A few weeks ago I was informed that I am not where I should be in a year's time and that I will have to train harder on my own time to catch up. This threw me for a loop. I have had panic attacks and mini meltdowns at home over this. I am really afraid of losing my job. I am wearing myself out trying to read and learn every single minute of my own time, while trying to keep up with the work itself when I am there. I feel physically ill even thinking about when I have to go into work. I dread going in and freak out when I have to figure things out at work. I feel like I can't ask any questions or it will reflect poorly on me, but I really don't know this stuff well enough on my own. Meanwhile, I believe I have learned quite a good deal but just not enough I guess.

piercetheaiden September 11th, 2020

@sociableOak324 Nice to meet you, Lily and welcome to 7cups! If you ever need any support, feel free to reach out!

Gujon3073 September 11th, 2020

@sociableOak324 hi lily. I will always question myself. Always question my ability. I'm not the worlds talented, so I have to make up in effort. Sometimes though you can crowd your head with negativity and self doubt. You were employed because they see something in you, your challenged because you can actually do it. I find when I'm trying to learn reams of information, I may have to rewrite it, and then again, each time taking out bitesized chunks, it just helps reduce the content and take in the key facts. I would try ways if it doesn't stick, yes I get upset or frustrated. Think the important thing is, you have the ability x 10, try not to throw your confidence away to easy. Just remember the opportunity was given to you because you can actually do it. I really hope it helps on some way.