Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I found 7 Cups of Tea through internships.com.

kcolla1003 May 19th, 2015

I was searching for internships relating to Psychology, Humans Resources and Social Work.I always wanted to provide my social support in a community like this actually!

AshleyLawrence May 19th, 2015

That is literally how I found my internship with 7 Cups. I am finishing up tomorrow. Overall a great experience but make sure you dont have too much on your plate. There are people on here that are doing 8 hours a week and that is a lot if you are in school and have a job. Keep in mind how much time you actually have so you can give great support instead of im really stressed out support :) Overall had a great time here!

Taylovestea July 7th, 2015

I found this website because I was also looking for an internship related to my field of study which is psychology. I went to like three different websites for internships and internships.com led me here! Its really hard to find something within your area of interest as well as a place that offers internships to undergraduate students. I'm very glad i stumbled upon this site because it is so so rewarding! Its also fun to know I'm not the only one who found 7 cups via an internship website! Highly recommend this to everyone! Good luck helping people everybodysmiley

Br33zyS3tz July 7th, 2015

Hello all, so very pleased to be here on 7 Cups of Tea; I found this site while hunting for internship opportunities via Internships.com. In searching keywords like: "sociology, social work,psychology" 7 Cups of Tea appears; (Social Science and Human Services; Health and Human Services). Described as an "emotional support portal where those in need of mental and emotional support can reach out to trained, active listeners," I soon became very intrigued, verywilling to put my optimism, selflessness, and sincerity to good use, in light of providing emotional aid and support to those in need. Additionally, featured as a"great place for students to serve as non-paid interns and receive credit for their academic programs [-where listeners are allocated the freedom to scheduletheir own availability-]" 7 Cups stood out to me: aworthy and commendablechoice. I am so appreciative to be in my current shoes, not only as an intern for 7 Cups, but also, and more importantly, as a member, a trained, active LISTENER of 7 Cups of Tea.

lovelyOcean15 July 8th, 2015

Yes! I found it in internships.com. This gives me a platform to improve my listening skills as I am currently an undergraduate psychology student! :)

agreeableMelon6511 July 8th, 2015

Huh, wow. As a member who wants to become a listener, I had wondered where listeners who didn't participate as just members first found the site. I found it by just googling for support, and I was really encouraged by the fact that it was an alternative to crisis hotlines that really seem to be focused on preventing suicide.