Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello is anyone in a similar position?

slophcow47 August 19th, 2018

I am way in over my head on the relationship front — tried to end things with someone whom I am working closely with on a project. And now I have pushed away people in my life because Im scared of hurting them, not being what they need, disappointing them, etc, even though I crave close relationships. Idk what to do. Currently living with my father and dealing with severe anxiety, PTSD, DID. I feel like I should go back to work and this would all get better. I wish I could be very far away tbh. Feeling alone and like I used to know how to do this but this world is so fast paced and so unforgiving

exampligratia August 19th, 2018

@slophcow47

Hello. As humans, we aren't perfect creatures. We can't win all the time, we make mistakes, we slip up and disappoint people. But the same is true the other way, have you never been disappointed by others?

The key is for it to be that, actual mistakes, people can forgive if you really try and fail (they may be angry at 1st but they'll come around) but if you do nothing or refuse to get into things and then let people down, that's harder to feel good about or come back from.

You shouldn't push people away just because you might disappoint them. You feel like you're doing them a favour but it isn't. Its a disservice to yourself (for forcing yourself into exile) and a disservice to others (because now they can't realy on you or have access to your skills/presence).

It is a tough world. Nobody said it was gonna be easy (and if they did, they didn't mean it not 100% anyway). you just gotta roll with the punches and keep moving forward. Talk to someone if you need to, take a day off, etc. but you can't just decide to not participate in life.

All the best.