Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Guidance

fancyEars5213 July 13th, 2022

Hey everyone! I am newbie to 7 cups, only 9 days. I have had 60+ chats till now. And hope to continue doing this. I love listening or reading stories. So if anyone wants to share an aspect of their journey, here at 7 cups. Please do so, it will help me in understanding what could be possible barriers to listening and how you overcame them. Thank you!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 13th, 2022

Hey @fancyEars5213, welcome to the listener community. It's nice to know how you've started already and yay on enjoying being a listener. ❤

Have you considered connecting with a mentor? They are trained listeners who can help us improve our listening skills through practice chats, feedback, resources, or simply answer any questions we may have related to the site or active listening in general. 😊

fancyEars5213 OP July 13th, 2022

Hey, @Sunisshiningandsoareyou I have messaged two people, but no response, if you know anyone let me know, thanks!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 13th, 2022

@fancyEars5213 Aw sometimes people may take time to respond, in case they have labeled the "accepting mentees" option. I hope they reply soon. You can also submit a request for a listener coach (a short term mentoring program), where you can ask questions, seek guidance and request practice chats too with trained mentors. Feel free to request using this form or you can reach out to me also, if you need anytime, I'm a mentor and a listener coach as well. ❤

fancyEars5213 OP July 13th, 2022

Sure, thanks a lot! 😄❤