Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why did listener ratings change?

intuitiveWater9305 August 22nd, 2018

I found the old format helpful (professionalism, empathy, response time, and helpfulness iirc) because it helped me during the times I was looking for specific types of listeners (empathy for when I needed a listening ear, helpfulness when I needed advice, response time when I'm less patient than usual). Why was it changed?

I was away from 7cups for a few months. Would help explanations from the 7cups team. Thank you. I just want to know.

jennysunrise8 August 22nd, 2018

@intuitiveWater9305 one thing i dislike about the change is there is for some strange reason no longer emails sent to let you know when a member has given you a star rating (an email is still sent every time you get a new review) or what that star rating was , you see that it was recorded on your profile but have absolutely no idea what it was that was given its just a complete mystery . I know for me at least and im sure im not alone getting an email saying good job your a great listener someone just gave you a new rating ***** made me feel really good i would even delete the mail in between so they were next to eachother and i kept them all still have those emails undeleted but they just stopped and its just a complete mystery now when someone rates you and i dont really know why that changed :(

AffyAvo October 30th, 2018

@jennysunrise8 The star ratings now all have to be connected to the reviews, that's why. Maybe you have sorted this out already; I just got a notification for this, not sure why that appeared after months *shrug*

intuitiveWater9305 OP October 31st, 2018

@AffyAvo Oh, that makes sense! Thanks.