Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tree of Life 🌳

LifeArrowBro June 11th

I have been toying with the concept through conversations with my listener and through a book that was recommended to me about trees. When I say Tree of Life I’m not speaking of any movie magic or mythological tree. I am starting to see that maybe just maybe we are all like trees in some way. Sort of a spirit tree like the concept of spirit animals. This kindred spirit with our stoic brethren is fully representative of our lives. With all the references and metaphors related to trees it’s not that far of a stretch. So in my search for my Tree of Life or Spirit Tree I would love to hear if anyone else feels a personal connection to a particular type of tree and why. Thanks for playing along 😊.

LifeArrowBro

Heather225 June 17th

@LifeArrowBro

this is such a fun post. i think i resonate most with paulownia!

sparrow76 June 17th

I grew up near a giant Oak tree.  I always felt a connection to it.  When I die, I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered under a tree so that I can continue to "live" through the tree.  

LifeArrowBro OP July 16th

@LifeArrowBro

I feel the Willow tree best represents the past of my family, the Maple represents the past of myself, the Chestnut represents the current state of my life and perhaps my future. All along the one constant to me is the Oak. It is strong, sturdy, and quite great for shade and sourcing alike. A useful tree not thought of as beautiful, but it is in its own way. That is where I land I can only hope to live up to it.