Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So…how does this work?

LittleFox83 May 31st

New here. I’ve been kinda of poking around, but I’m not 100% sure how “Listeners” work.

Do I just choose someone and say hi? Will they be an assigned listener that I can connect with each time or do I have to talk to a new person each time?

Is there a time limit on conversations? Do I need to stick to a specific topic? Does the topic have to be about depression, anxiety, or other struggles? Or can I just talk and have a random conversation about pretty flowers I saw on my walk if I’m feeling lonely?

How do I get the courage to start talking to someone real?

TYIA

ElenaDeMonaco June 1st

Hi @LittleFox83 ✨ I’m new here too but I found out that you can get in the listeners’ queue or you can choose someone that is online - you can also join one of the chats: Sharing Circle, Exploration Garden and start meeting some of the people here 😊 

About getting the courage… have you tried counting backwards from 3 to 1 and then just start talking? 
LittleFox83 OP June 1st

Hello. Thanks for the information ☺️ are the chat/group things like the sharing circle done by text, voice, or video do you know?

free2118 June 1st

hello! so listeners here are just by text! we help support and listen but we do not give advice as we are not licensed professionals but please do use listeners! we love to help and support you all! i hope this answered something!

AffyAvo June 1st

The chatrooms are all text. On 7cups the only thing with a video or phone option is the (paid for) therapists.

For listeners, some are happy to chat about anything, others like to focus on a particular issue. You can keep chatting with the same listener if you want to, you can also send them messages when they are offline. You can have as many listeners as you like. You can pick a listener here https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/ If you click chat live with a listener on this page instead https://www.7cups.com/chat/ you can list up to 3 topics plus write in a description of what you want support with.

There's a welcome pack to help you navigate the different features here!

LittleFox83 OP June 2nd

Thank you so much! 😊