Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

People think they are more worthy than me

helloCranberry5684 June 15th, 2023

Why am I the only altruistic person that gave others much money they would never have without me while you say its human nature to be selfish and you take pride in evading to help others all the while making 1000 excuses not to using advanced mental gymnastic while doing so.... Am i the only fool ? Why not just say thank you to me? Giving 2 dollars to someone is NOT help.. ive earned much more for others, the amount that would guarantee me a grandeur delusional diagnosis bc no one believes my supposed bs.. please show some sensitivity towards me. Thank you.

MidwesternCalmSeeker June 18th, 2023

@helloCranberry5684

I hear you, Cranberry. Thank you for posting this out in the 7 Cups universe. The culture of giving isa topic of debate for many. In my family, the question is around whether the receiver is part of an organized group collecting money for their own personal gain. I personally embrace both "give as your heart guides you" and "pay it forward" philosophies. I agree that 2 dollars is not even a cup of coffee where I live. It does, however, share compassion between two humans. If your heart feels lighter after giving to someone who you are compelled to gift, that's a gift to yourself.