Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Making friends

optimisticPenny7031 May 7th, 2023

Hi, my name is Youssef, and I'm 22 years old. I'm dealing with terrible social anxiety and depression, especially these days. I left university because of it. Also, finding a job is really difficult for me, and on top of that, my family is forcing me to go out and be social. Anyway, here are some things I enjoy doing: first, astrology. I love talking about time travel, black holes, stars, planets, etc.I read manga and watch anime; some of them I liked are Monster, Death Note, and HXH. Also, series like Dark (Netflix), Breaking Bad, and movies like Interstellar and Harry Potter, I also like gaming. If someone shares the same interests and wants to make a sincere friend, my DMs are always open.

fruityPond7887 May 7th, 2023

@optimisticPenny7031 Hi Youssef! Welcome to 7 Cups ❀️ I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression and anxiety, but I am glad that you are here! Thank you for sharing your interests! Those are some really awesome hobbies 😊 I want to share some great member support group chats that we have if you are interested! They can be found here! There are so many great members that you can chat with there and many share similar interests! If you would like to chat with a Listener, you can join the general request queue or you can browse for a Listener here! I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! :)

optimisticPenny7031 OP May 7th, 2023

Hey @fruityPond7887 thanks for the response, I will certainly join these groups, I really appreciate it.

fruityPond7887 May 8th, 2023

@optimisticPenny7031 You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy them! 😊

dazydeer2701 May 16th, 2023

Hi there πŸ‘‹ I struggle with bad social anxiety too, currently at college, but I'm trying my best. I know how hard it is but please don't isolate yourself from others! At the start of the college year, it was so bad that I couldn't talk to anyone without wanting to hide my face. Although it fluctuates, I have gotten better at this and I'm willing to fail many times until it gets better and it has. Baby steps! Healing is not a straightforward or simple process. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this too but I believe in you πŸ’– you are enough as you are ❀

RainbowPickle209 May 17th, 2023

@optimisticPenny7031 I feel you, I’m 13 (I’m the youngest in 9th grade) and have major depressive disorder and bad social anxiety, I might drop out of high school.

RainbowPickle209 May 17th, 2023

@RainbowPickle209 also, I love astrology, neutron stars are my favorite anything in the universe.