Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are people waiting to get a job so they can finally excersize their power?

helloCranberry5684 June 15th, 2023

Please answer me honestly... Give me closure as to why am i being treated like dirt and how is it possible that its always in accordance with rules ? Dont blame me or my supposedly poor social skills. Im a miserable person bc others who ive said hello to respondes in a way that made me feel miserable... You can provide supporr, i wont bite.

MidwesternCalmSeeker June 18th, 2023

@helloCranberry5684

So many thoughts about this post, Cranberry. Relationships are difficult. It feels like this one may not be in a mutually respected spot right now. For relationships to work, there has to be trust, communication and - maybe most importantly - respect. When people are disrespectful, it is sometimes a sign of that individual's insecurities, or fears, or even jealousy. A question to ask yourself is whether that respect was there earlier in the relationship, or if this is how the person always behaved. We often discount the signs (red flags) at the beginning of a relationship - that's human nature. We can't change people ... we don't have that power. We can, however, honestly share that we feel like we are not feeling respected when these types of situations arise. It's that person's decision to make changes that ultimately alter their behavior patterns.

helloCranberry5684 OP June 20th, 2023

@MidwesternCalmSeeker my question was more oriented toward interactions of power you get on your job or with strangers

MidwesternCalmSeeker July 8th, 2023

@helloCranberry5684

Sorry about that. I did not connect the post to the subject line, clearly! I think if you are doing your best to be polite and professional, that's the most you can be, right? If others do not respond to that kind of behavior, that is on them, not on you. There's a saying that people can't "make" you feel a certain way. You allow yourself to feel things. Try to find the confidence that you are a good person, and that you are doing the right things, and eventually things typically turn out right.