Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My gramma my best friend passed away

Mikkimouser96 January 10th

The last almost 4 years i was taking care of my sick gramma non stop and this past september i sadly had to say goodbye to her it was one of the hardest things i had to do in my life. The last year alone i watched her going from the strongest lady i knew to as sick as she was. I got baptized in august and i know i might be overthinking it but i think it was something she was waiting for. From the day i got baptized to the day she went into the hospital she declined so fast. While she was in the hospital before she passed her oncology doctor told us he didnt expect her to make it to september as she only had 3-6 months to live. she outlived the 6 months and when they to her to the pallitive floor they were giving her 3 weeks. She lived 5 days after they gave her the 3 weeks. This loss is one of the hardest losses for me cause i was with her all my life she raised me. Losing her was like losing a parent she was pretty much my mom. I feel so lost without her. 

WorkingitThrough2 January 11th

@Mikkimouser9

I am so sorry, Mikki. I know this is so extremely hard. I can see that you and your grandmother were very close. As hard as it is to lose someone who is so close to us, it leaves us with this emptiness inside. It is going to take time to heal from this deep wound. Allow yourself to feel your grief. cry, release that pain, and then try to focus on all the good things you all did together and how she was like a mother to you. I am sure that she would not want you sad and grieving over her. If you are not at that point yet it is ok. Take your time keep trying to talk it out until you get some relief and feel a bit more consoled.

I am proud that you found the strength and the courage to reach out for support. We all need to be heard and validated. We are here if you need someone to listen I am here or you could chose a one-on-one Listener.

Take good care of your self and it was so nice to meet you❤️

Mikkimouser96 OP May 26th

Hey sorry just seeing this now thank you for your kind words on my post. She truly was the light in my life and without her it feels so dark and alone. I know she wouldn’t want me feeling this way and I’m trying to move past it but it’s one thing I can’t bring myself to do yet