Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Family Estrangement

I recently stopped communicating with my parents and siblings. Although, I think it’s for the best, the pain and void it has left me in is hard to deal with.

toughTiger6481 April 21st

@straightforwardKite9459

You are not alone more people then many realize are estranged for various reasons....

at first the things that get to many is either hope that being estranged will make them think about things and change... that seldom happens they think it is a you problem...

OR you may come across the those who use guilt or the " family is everything" type reasoning to assure you everyone has issues but it is "family" like you should put up with mistreatment for that reason ... that made it lonely for me until i found my people, other estranged people.  

Tinywhisper11 April 21st

@straightforwardKite9459 awww I'm sorry sweetie 😥 that couldn't of been a easy choice to make or do. But you gotta do what's best for you, there comes a time when you gotta say enough is enough, and try move  on with your life, just like your trying to do right now. So good for you for cutting out toxic people in your life ❤ it's gonna be a journey of ups and downs for you, and mixed emotions. But please know we are all here for you ❤ and that you did the right thing ❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤