Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

this

Shaylahelgeson February 1st, 2021

I dotn know what happend and I don’t know if I call myself a victim because my experience doesn’t seem as bad as others. People i know will slap my butt or do other inappropriate things and it’s been going on for years and I don’t know how to tell people and I don’t even know if that’s considered a sexual assault victim or what it is and it’s scary.

Asher February 2nd, 2021

This is tough to understand at times but it sounds that you don't enjoy it when they do it to you at all. Thank you for sharing this with us here.

dynamicStrawberries8285 February 2nd, 2021

yes if they are doing something that you have made clear makes you uncomfortable, that is sexual harassment, no matter how severe. it seems like you've told them before you don't like it and they continue. it is extremely inappropriate. do not listen to the voices of people trying to convince you your boundaries and your safety doesn't matter. they are simply trying to gaslight you into allowing their bad behavior. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you can continue to assert yourself and tell them you will not tolerate them violating your boundaries. is there a teacher or parent or another person in power who you can go to? I know they are often not helpful and may say the same thing, but that is not okay. maybe even another friend or someone you know can back you up. keep looking for someone who will support you and help you take action against these abusers if they do not listen to you again. ❤️

tuuli February 20th, 2021

However you feel is completely valid! Any violation to your boundaries is not okay; don't minimize your experience! This is considered sexual harrassment and it is not okay. Please try to find the courage to kindly tell them to stop, otherwise, it would be best to cut them out of your life if that is an option. But I understand. I did not have the courage to push back. I drew strength by reminding myself my body belongs to ME and people will treat my body the way I want it to be treated. People who do not respect my boundaries do not respect me as a person. There is no such response as "why is it such a big deal". To people who truly care about you, what matters to you should matter to them. If they don't care about how you want to be treated, then they don't care and respect you. That is not okay, and people like that are not worth your time. I honestly cannot understand how people can feel that touching someone in any way without consent is okay. It is not, and you are right to feel that way.

determinedPineapple8601 March 19th, 2021

Hey, this is sexual harassment no two doubts about it. I am not sure if this was in your workplace or outside but a good starting point will be to read the POSH guidelines by the Ministry of Women& Child development. It clearly defines what comes under sexual harassment. The bar is set so low that if someone comments on your body or gossips about your character that is also considered as sexual harassment. Someone did something and that made you feel uncomfortable and unsafe so that is sexual harassment, please don't doubt yourself or the situation here. It is the impact and not the intent that is important so go ahead read up about it. Once you feel confident decide if you want to clearly call them out or indirectly tell them that this is not ok/is sexual harassment is up to you to decide. Hope this helps.