Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

heartlover518 July 11th, 2015

I was a freshman in high school who felt lost. I was unofficially dating a guy named Jim. He was 26. We had sex the day after we met, I was drunk, he was stoned. It went on for about a month, I thought I loved him. One day the police showed up at his door wanting to talk to me, all I kept thinking was that something happened to my dad. Once we got to the police station they started asking me questions about Jim and said they knew that we were sleeping together. I broke down and just lost it. My father turned me in without even knowing if it was true. My mother told me that I ruined Jim and all of his family's lives. I had no one to go to that wasn't making me feel even worse. The entire school knew. I strayed away from everything. Now I'm 22 , Jim has been out of jail for 5 years and I'm still haunted by everything that's happened. I haven't slept with anyone since and don't expect to in the future because I know that I'll be looking over my shoulder the entire time and just waiting for the cops to show up to arrest them. I don't know what to do. I want a relationship at some point in my life and I know that sex is usually a part of relationships but I'm too afraid.

Ktttt July 11th, 2015

I think that it's important for every human being to understand that we all make mistakes or do things we regret. It is only human my dear. All everyone wants is to be happy. for you to be happy you need to forgive yourself. I think you're being to harsh on yourself! You're 22 you have your whole life ahead of you! I made bad choices in highschool as well and my parents were very hurt. But time heals all wounds and their love for you is greater then the mistakes you've made. Trust me. If you can forgive yourself, you will be on the road to happiness

heartlover518 OP July 11th, 2015

I'll try, thank you!