Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma : Toxicity relationship

Misssunshine333 June 19th, 2021

So last year I met a guy somewhere public yeah. And I was so excited. It was pandemic time sorta and I was happy to do so since like, I loved meeting new people. And things went great. We started to plan hangouts almost every weekend and stuff. It was great, we would have fun and talk alot more and text daily. It was fine. Until it got to a point that I felt unsafe since like.. he would hit me for just saying a word that is harmless to say. His fricken user name wjen he was trying to be streamer. He hit me physically and I just like someone stupid just let it happen. Many times he would show less interest boss me around and well be extremely mean to me as well. I found out later he had a side girl too. It was super bad since he had insisted he liked me but I guess it wasnt true and he played me and lead me on for such a long time. Now I have trouble going back to the place we used to hangout in. Slowly I'm driving by at times sometimes

cuteeeezombieeee June 20th, 2021

@Misssunshine333
Hey! It's so brave of you to share your story with us hereheart I'm proud of you for reaching out for help..

I understand the initial excitement of getting to connect with someone during the pandemic and clicking with them. Sometimes, we fail to see the real face of a person under their mask..

The way he physically hurt you was so wrong. You did nothing to deserve that. I want you to realize that you're worth so much better. *offers hugs and strength*

Finding out he had some other girl too must have been soo painful for you! The particular places which trigger these memories may be difficult be visit and that's okay! I'm glad to hear you're not letting these experiences get the better of you.. Driving by these places may be a small but vital step towards healing...

Feel free to participate in the forums to connect with others! Alternatively, if you want to talk more about your issue in a 1-to-1 chat, you can always put out a general request or PM (personal message) a listener from the browse listeners page.

Always take care of yourself~Sierra

Oceanwaves16 July 3rd, 2021

I’m so sorry to hear this happened to you! It was so brave of you to share your story! Sharing your story doesn’t just help you grow but gives hope and strength to others as well. You didn’t deserve the treatment and abuse you went through and I admire your strength. It must have been extremely painful to go through those experiences and your reaction is completely understandable and valid. Feel free to reach out in the forums, 1-1 chats, or chatrooms if you need support. We are here for you!! Rooting for you, Brooke