Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma Dreams

catstronaut99 February 11th, 2022

Just woke up from a trauma nightmare. It is the first one I’ve had in a while. I am pretty triggered now and don’t want to go back to sleep for fear of having more trauma dreams. And of course I’m having flashbacks now. Im just grateful there is this community and that I get to be part of it. For the first time, I can wake up from the nightmare and not feel so misunderstood and alone. Anyone else struggle with trauma dreams? Have any tips on how to go back to sleep? My normal tricks aren’t working at the moment. I usually do a sleep meditation or listen to nature sounds or music mindfully or listen to an audiobook. You’d think it would be annoying to have the sound, but being focused on something besides feeling triggered makes me so sleepy and I can usually go back to bed. Except right now apparently. These have been failsafe techniques for me but I’m so sucked into feeling triggered right now!

lostgoatchild February 11th, 2022

I don't have much advice, but I have trauma nightmares almost nightly. My psychiatrist has been trying clonidine and it seems to help. I'm sorry youre struggling like this. Youre not alone