Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Stalked and abused

Dooritos July 29th, 2021

I was in an abusive relationship about 6 years ago. It was mostly psychological abuse but it did culminate into physical abuse one night. I am still haunted by the memories of that night he almost killed me.

To make things worse he stalked me for almost 2 years despite having a restraining order. I never felt protected by the authorities when I would tell them how fearful I was for me and my children when he would contact me. They would just tell me to get over it, he would eventually go away.

I am in a different relationship now and I still feel so hypervigilant about EVERYTHING. My ex mostly got a hold of me through various social media platforms using different profiles and threatening me. I try to stay off as much as I can but now I am going through this insanity of looking up his aliases and making sure I stay one step ahead and block accounts he has created. I haven't heard from him in three years, but I go through this still.

UGH...just wish I could "Just get over it" 😔

Oceanwaves16 July 29th, 2021

Abusive situations are very hard to deal with and the aftermath is messy and scary. I’m so sorry for the pain you are going through. We are here for you! Feel free to use our resources at any time <3

GreyhoundGirl1981 July 30th, 2021

I can totally relate to your story. My ex was both physically and verbally abusive. I was with him for 3 years and when I left he then continued to stalk me for another 10+ years. Im happy in another relationship but I'm still terrified of seeing him in pubs and him abusing me again. During those years he also harassed my ex boyfriends and my friends, provoking them to try to hit him then playing the victim and saying I'd planned it. I still get anxiety attacks when something triggers me about him. The police with me were exactly the same, even though I had a restraining order they would say he's in a public place and could do nothing. I changed all of my routines to try and avoid him but nothing worked. I too wish I could just get over it but I'm still very much traumatised 😢

Oceanwaves16 July 30th, 2021

That is a very scary situation. Many people feel that way and it’s sad how the police handle it. You will heal! I promise. Keep fighting sweetie