Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone ever get filled with anger at the sight of people being happy?

hopeful1971 August 3rd, 2021

Hi, I am a giving, loving person who spends most of her life trying to make others happy( as misguided as it may be) but in the last year I feel like an evil, angry, ugly, mean monster. I see families together having fun or hear about someone having good fortune and I’m filled with anger!-White hot rage!! I mumble under my breath and think negativity about them. I hate this feeling. It doesn’t feel like jealousy and there is no reason for it. I’m acknowledging that the problem is there and very aware that it is a problem and that I need to change my thoughts somehow.

cuteeeezombieeee August 17th, 2021

@hopeful1971
Hey! i'm really sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. The emotions may arise from pent-up anger for too long or feeling that life has treated you unfairly. Everything has a reason behind it, and every emotion you experience is there for a reason❤️

Changing your thoughts as you mentioned is one way to go about it. Another thing I may point out is to search within yourself. Ask yourself, "why do I feel this way?" or "how does this relate to my past experiences?".

Take care~ Sierra❤️

hopeful1971 OP August 20th, 2021

Thank you for the support. I’ve been thinking about this feeling and it definitely comes from morning the life I had, I think. I resent others for having a great life. I am now starting to understand how much has been out of my control. From a young age I wasn’t nurtured, my thinking and feelings molded by childhood trauma and being made to feel unimportant. I was changed in childhood, that was not my fault. Now as an adult, with new, fresh traumas to deal with, I’m dealing with the old right along side the new. All sorts of things are popping up and all the “normal” things that I didn’t do or have or feel are coming back to my memory and I think that’s the feeling I’m fighting right now. I think I’m resentful of those who are untouched but trauma. I want a simple life and I want to just be able to smile, that’s it. It’s just hard to watch others being happy with no effort. So maybe it is a little jealousy and I think that that’s ok too.