Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

feeling lonely

maizen4 July 18th, 2014

so, I was abused when I was little. it used to be worst, my parents would neglect me emotionally and we didn't talk much. instead of sitting down with me and explaining what I was doing, they would physically punish me, for little thing such as running on our apartment or when I missed school.

I never felt part of anywhere. I still don't. most of the time I'm dissociating and just trying not to cry, holding up inside, and not feeling alive. for being ignored or scared, I don't speak up. I don't talk, unless it's something urgent or if I have to.

I feel like the worst is gone, but emotionally I feel empty. like waves hit me and I only could struggle to float and was washed ashore. I don't know what to do now. I don't know what I want, how I should feel or if I have any power over my own life.

I didn't know how to behave at school. how could anyone not go through the same things I did? how could they happily talk about what was going on the classes when I was feeling so terrible?

these days I want to talk about other things, but I can't. I feel like if I don't talk about the abuse I went through, I could explode. there isn't much anything I can feel about.

braveBanana6873 May 16th, 2020

@maizen4

this hit me hard because i didnt know rock bottom could be such a shared experience..anyways i can relate to your story pretty well that its kind of scary and id love to talk with you and listen as well

abby

samc95xc July 18th, 2014

hey my friend . i think that my story is similar to yours(though not really abused )but still you can read about my story here . and if you feel like , you can talk to me about it . thanks hugs!laugh

Nadalae2 July 23rd, 2014

Hi

First things first are you safe now?

You sound like you are having a tough time at the moment. That feeling you have is normal, being treated like that so young puts your body through a lot of pressure and emotions. Remember you have not done anything wrong and you are not expected to act a particular way you need to do what is best for you.

If talking stops you from exploding then talk, shout, scream whatever helps you. I have a thousand other ideas that might help based on my own childhood and through a few other people I have spoken to. If you want to talk then please know I am here.

I hope you are safe now