Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

She's the Reason- blog 1

Simplelifeforever February 11th, 2021

I was 10 when this happened.

I was going to 6th grade I had issues with one of my friends whom I thought was my best friend. I was a sensitive child.

My friend kind of made fun of me when I was in the previous grade they use to play games with me, treat me badly like I was not worthy to be their friend, then when we moved to 6th grade she made up with me. I was happy and thought that everything will be fine however I was wrong. She came into my life her name was Edel she was my class teacher. I always used to want to get close to teachers well as a survival mechanism to keep myself safe. I thought she will be a nice teacher oh was I wrong.

Time passed, days began, classes started, homework was given, lessons were given to study.

I was an average student I did not like doing homework my Mom let me study at my pace. I don't remember when it began she checked our homework. If we did not finish it she used to beat her students viciously. She seemed nice on the outside however she was another person when she got her ruler which she kept in her cupboard for teachers.

It is vague but she already made me her target by the time she punished me everyday, humiliated me everyday, watched me cry everyday longing for my mom. The year became hell.

When one day got over and the next day raised I hoped maybe today I won't get punished but was I wrong I was beaten everyday. I became reluctant I started to hate her I even said I hate her in class I think. I was so mad for her treating me like that. I lost my sense of worth, my self. All of the students in class were like my perpetrator while she was the abuser.

I still live with the trauma alive in me. I can speak about it over and over again. My memory got wiped away when I was 17. I started having seizures, medicines, not active, loner. I lost everything she ruined my life.

MidwesternCalmSeeker March 1st, 2021

@Simplelifeforever Thank you for sharing this. I was very moved by your words. I hope this site continues to be a safe and accepting space and that you connect with people who can support and encourage you. Take care.