Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I have trauma ..? ( TW, I wont say in detail but things will be referenced that could trigger people, proceed with caution )

KJ2005 November 15th, 2020

From a young age when my parents divorced due to .. lets call him steve, my birth dad's " drinking issue ". On top of being harassed form a young age due to my friends and my appearence, I've always hated hugs or phycal contact that I dont start first with, I feel bad because of it but I don't know why I get so uncomfterable and nervous.

It also worsened with my ex - girlfriend, lets call her .. Mal, Mal was sweet at first, but she got possessive and rather ... ' foward ' to my closeted asexual self, she harassed my friend for having a straight relationship so I cut ties wiht her, she often talked down to me after that claiming good luck wiht my grades ( She helped me with my studies, ) and after a while she just stopped talking to me at all. That made me very upset for a while and I now retrest a but whenever I got hugged ( my sister does not help by hugging me non stop, I love her to bits but - )

I had another ex girlfriend .. lets call her Val, she was sweet as well, but she was not ready to be in a relationship at the time, she would never talk to me and would bug me at 1am on a school night because she wanted to rant about her mom rather than taking care of herself, it was on and off for a while and now, even if we're friends, she won't talk much to me anymore.

I'm always wondering if this could be tied with my trust issues, but I don't have a therapst to talk to, but I seriously would like to understand why I hate phycal contact like that so much, if I start it I'm fine, but if anyone goes to hug me I just get really, really uncomfterable, what do you all think? Am I overreacting?

PaganWarPrince November 15th, 2020

@KJ2005 Seems like it. Have you considered taking up jiujitsu or any other close contact sports?

KJ2005 OP November 15th, 2020

@PaganWarPrince None of those, I do Dance but we notmally do not get close to eachother

Karleea November 15th, 2020

@ it doesnt trigger me i am always free to talk