Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is this abuse or am I overreacting...?

yellowEyes4455 September 21st, 2018

So, my parents can be kinda aggressive sometimes... they never hit me or anything, but they claim that the computer is ruining my emotional state and then proceed to not listen to what I have to say. Dad's given me a panic attack on purpose and has broken my laptop before, and mom insists that I could've had it so much worse and often uses dad's anger as a threat to get me to do stuff. I can't tell if I'm crazy or if it's actually abuse... is it??

sociallyawkwardPrune October 3rd, 2018

@yellowEyes4455 no, you're not crazy or overeacting. What they're doing is emotional abuse. Is there anyone you can tell about it, like another family member or a social worker or something? Maybe they could help do something about and maybe have a word with your parents because the way your parents are treating you sounds terrible.

Hope this helped. :)

yellowEyes4455 OP October 3rd, 2018

@sociallyawkwardPrune

aaaa thank you... they do really nice things sometimes and i doubt myself; but hey, i'll survive.

sociallyawkwardPrune October 3rd, 2018

@yellowEyes4455 your welcome. People can be like that, one minute they're nice and the next minute they're not. It's confusing.

Yeah, you will. I believe in you. Good luck!