Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introduction

alittlebook January 6th, 2022

Hello, I’m new to this group (and to this site in general). My therapist recommended it to me today when I asked her about joining some sort of support group for what I’m currently going through because it helped her at one point.

I shared a very condensed version of my story in the “Journaling Stories” section, so I won’t recap it all here. But in short, I’m trying to deal with having been in a very abusive and dangerous relationship. With someone who I am still very much emotionally attached to but forcibly separated from.

I do have a few questions, as I want to follow the guidelines and not overstep any boundaries. How much are we allowed to share? Are triggering details supposed to be left out? Can we include triggering details if there is a trigger warning in the title? Can we curse?

Thank you! -Jen

halcyonCloud2036 January 6th, 2022

@alittlebook

Hi Jen! Welcome to our community!

I am so sorry about your situation, but also really proud of the progress you are making! Well done!

So you can share as much as you like as long as no contact info, names, or details that would identify you or anyone you are talking about.

You can share triggering topics and usually the best way is to put it in your title (something like TW and then the topic)

and yes you can curse, but may get censored depending on the words.

Hope this helps! And also, we have terrific listeners if you want to do a 1-1 chat as well. That can be super helpful in processing your thoughts.

All the best to you ❤️