Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trigger Warning: Online Youtube incident distress

tim2009 June 13th, 2023

I am reaching out today as I am in a state of distress due to an incident I witnessed online. I am seeking support and guidance to help me navigate through these challenging emotions.

The incident involved a distressing situation where a Youtuber engaged in severe bullying, which tragically led to another Youtuber attempting suicide live on air after showing her last words live on air, and she's in critical condition, with doctors informing that her chance of survival is really low. The actions and lack of remorse displayed by the responsible Youtuber have deeply impacted me, causing significant distress and anxiety, as I experienced bullying during elementary school.

Witnessing the pain and suffering inflicted upon the victim has left me feeling shocked, saddened, and deeply affected. I find myself experiencing heightened anxiety and struggling to cope with the gravity of this situation. The ongoing mockery and lack of empathy displayed by the responsible Youtuber have only intensified my distress. I got really mad at that Youtuber for lack of remorse, but I decided not to put comments on her, as my parents don't want to see me getting involved with someone who doesn't have a relationship with me at all.

I flagged the video and reported that Youtuber for 'harassment and cyberbullying', but I don't know when I'm going to recover from this shocking and distressing experience. I hope I can get good help and advice so I can recover.

quietDay3677 June 14th, 2023

My husband is a veteran. He follows the news. I did more after we met in April 2020. I had already been diagnosed with ptsd. What happened with me was some kind of counter transference on the chaos violence on the news to him. He became a trigger when it really was me reading the news or watching podcasts about this horrors. We have had horrible arguments. I have had to really watch what I expose myself too to halt this process. There are research articles about this. More and more people are being made very anxious by this. I cannot tell you what to do.I thought the news had a bias toward pathology but I found this not to be true. It is nor good to be totally uninformed but people can be quite sensitive to this. I am sorry you watched this horrible trauma

WorkingitThrough2 June 16th, 2023

@tim2009

Hello Tim, I am so sorry that you had to see such a horrific incident and you have every right to feel as you do. Do you have a Therapist or can you call the Crisis hotline for help with dealing with this tragic episode? We are here with you for as long as you need to talk. Talking about it can sometimes be very therapeutic. You will be in my Prayers🙏🏽