Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nightmares about my parents

smolLITTLEpotato October 16th, 2023

Hello everyone! I have recently moved away from my parents and since then, I've been having intense nightmares about my parents following me, pushing their religion on me and demonizing me, capturing me and giving me to God to punish me. I used to have similar ones before, but they never occured every single night before!

The nightmares are really intense and I've been wondering if anyone else here has a similiar experience or advice how to deal with this?

I'll be thankful for any engagement with this post💜💜

WorkingitThrough2 October 17th, 2023

@smolLITTLEpotato

Hello, I am sorry you are experiencing this. Nightmares about your family. I know this is very troubling to you. The nightmares occur because the brain has some unresolved issues and cannot place them in the proper processing group or compartment. I really can resonate with that experience. May I ask what you do when you have those nightmares? Are you able to go back to sleep,.

Or do they keep you from going back to sleep? A therapist told me that I could go back to the dream and rewrite the script with a different outcome. I can't say that worked for me, but it could work for you. Do you have a Therapist? There are no easy answers. to resolving this. However, the brain has to get some clarification to process the internal conflict. I am sorry that I could not give you any better suggestions. Trauma changes the way our brain processes information. I hope that you continue to seek help from a professional. We are here for you if you need to talk we will do our best to❤️