Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I would like to know about trauma.

meowcat1216 November 17th, 2023

I would like to know about trauma. I wonder if trauma can happen through small things happening consistently which don't even affect normal people . I would also love to hear about oversensitivity causing trauma .

Tinywhisper11 November 17th, 2023

@meowcat1216 this is a hard question. Trauma normally comes from a bad thing that happens to people, abuse, accidents, bullying, witnessing things, death of a loved one etc. But I guess if those serious of incidents that have happened to you. Have left you deeply scarred, then yes! Yes it is trauma

navyAcai7124 November 17th, 2023

@meowcat1216 yes even small trivial things can lead to traumas for a child. Things that the parents dont think is that bad. But one has to see it from the childs perspective. They have a very limited understanding and knowledge, even small things can be huge and very scary.

If for example a child cries and the parent doesnt come immidiately, the parent who knows its just for a little while may think its nothing. But the child may think he/she is abandoned forever. The child doesnt know. And those few minutes is all that it takes to cause long lasting traumas and attachment problems/relationship problems or problem with trust. Problems and traumas that stays with that person the whole life if he/she dont work to resolve it.

I think many parents are pretty unaware of how serious this is. Parents accedently traumatize their children all the time. Even good well intended parents who love their children and want their best. And probably most of us has some form of trauma from this kind of accidental carelessness.

Be carefull with your children!