Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Child sexual abuse and Christianity

Anna0319 December 30th, 2023

Hi, there. My name is Anna and I'm a victim of child sexual abuse since throughout middle school and high school.

I've recently turned to Christianity, but I'm having trouble forgiving and especially loving my abusers. I don't want to love them because it makes me feel self-defeated.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thank you.

WorkingitThrough2 December 30th, 2023

@Anna0319

Hi Anna, I am sorry you were a SA victim. I resonate with how you are feeling with your emotions, and let me say it is hard to let go and forgive them for what they have done to us. That has been one of my biggest challenges. So, I really understand where you are coming from. Now that you have become a Christian, I know the turmoil that comes with it as well.

It took me a long time to understand why this God I gave my life to had not intervened and stopped the SA. I held so much anger and confusion about separating the differences between my natural father and my God the Father. They all, in my mind, were fathers that violated me. Now I had a problem with both Fathers. It took a while for me to see that I was being held hostage by my abusers by holding on to my anger and bitterness.

How did I get to that point? I began to write letters to the abusers that I never mailed, telling them exactly how I felt and what damage they had done to me. Then, after doing this constantly, burn the letters. Plus, telling my story in my diary on this site has been a major help.

I hope that this will give you something to try. I commend you on having the courage to reach out for help with this. Therapy is also a way to go that can help you process this.❤️

Be safe and thank you for trusting us enough to walk by your side as you process this.

navyAcai7124 December 30th, 2023

@Anna0319 wow that must be really tough! I really wish i could help you! Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk.