Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Childhood Trauma and Abuse

PeterPan1973 September 21st, 2021

I lost my father very early in life and my mother was emotionally absent most of my life. My mother turned to her friend and her husband for support, but that unfortunately did not work out well for me. I was subjected to chronic emotional abuse for long periods of time at home. The atmosphere at home was tyrannical and I had nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. There was constant mocking, bullying, shaming, guilt tripping, judging, talking down to me, setting off standards in my life that I could not meet and which did not have my consent. My meek cries for help to my mother fell on deaf ears. I was always off balance.

I could never get any kind of emotional support or validation from my mother. It changed the course of my life and robbed me off my peace of mind. I am looking for closure so I can put it all behind me. How do I work through this?

The abuse consisted of constant mocking, guilt tripping, bullying, constantly passing judgement from a pedestal, pathological exaggeration and boasting about their children who were my peers (in my house), setting standards in my life which I could not The abuse consisted of constant mocking, guilt tripping, bullying, constantly passing judgement from a pedestal, pathological exaggeration and boasting about their children who were my peers (in my house), setting standards in my life which I could not meet and without my consent, and constantly talking down to me. My mother never intervened to comfort or stop that tyranny, even as I made a meek effort to complain. Their past behaviour towards me is one of the chief causes of tension between me and my mother to this day and without my consent, and constantly talking down to me. My mother never intervened to comfort or stop that tyranny, even as I made a meek effort to complain. Their past behaviour towards me is one of the chief causes of tension between me and my mother to this day

Oceanwaves16 September 21st, 2021

@PeterPan1973

Hello there!

I am so sorry to hear about your childhood. Being robbed of the emotional support a child needs growing up is very hard and unfair for the child and now adult. You may end up seeking validation from others or not being able to keep a self esteem. We are here for you. Not only did you lack emotional support, you were subject to bullying in your own household and that's not ok. None of this was your fault.

Whatever your feeling is completely valid and ok to feel. We are here for you peterpan!

Let us know if we can do anything!

Keep fighting,

Ocean (Brooke)

PeterPan1973 OP September 22nd, 2021

I need a way to work towards closure on my own. Is there anyway to do that?