Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is every occurrence of a mental illness treatable?

alvinarose November 15th, 2022

A person's symptoms of a mental illness are evidence that the person has a conflict "within" his or her MIND. And that conflict is always a bit of Karma that person has to work out... with an exception of sorts. If the Karma that is causing that person's experience of a mental illness is near complete, a competent Gestalt Psychotherapist will be able to help that person discover that bit of Karma [which will usually be a "misperception" made by that person's MIND, and most often in early childhood], and that bit of Karma will be done with... for that person.

soulsings November 16th, 2022

@alvinarose I find your explanation interesting but I am not sure if everyone's mental health issues can be treated.

I have seen some cases where they are not treatable: when someone refuses treatment and medication and therapy. If someone is willing to meet the challenges, I think there is always the possibility of learning to cope with the situation. I think having a healthy diet, an exercise program, practicing mindfulness are lifestyle changes that I have found very helpful for my own situation in addition to mental health support as well.

SoulPitstop November 16th, 2022

Is every occurrence of a mental illness treatable?

Human conceptions are always a mirage. It keeps on changing. The moment you agree that it's a mental illness, how can you expect it to be treatable?

Every other physical and mental effect is happening through incidents. If you can reverse those incidents in the right way, of course, people will get back to normal.

The only problem is that we keep putting them under the "mentally ill" category.

For example, if you keep on thinking of a chocolate cookie even after having a heavy meal, your mind can't resist wanting to taste it even though you are full because your body is flexible and it keeps on expanding. So your mind will make you eat that one cookie at any cost, and then you will be back to normal for a while. But if you try to control it, you will end up eating a whole pack no matter what, and then you will sleep a lot, feel nauseated, or feel like a sloth.

[Removed] It's all about the reflection of your day-to-day habits. All you've got to do is reverse what's already happened.

People misunderstand that the reactions to their actions and their effects are called "mental illness." But reality is that sometimes you can't accept an immediate change, and it will make you upset for a long time before you recover from the situation, and we name it "mental illness" and make them believe it is an issue. But it's not. It's just like you get angry at something or someone at some point, and then you get back to normal. Just because you got angry at someone doesn't mean you are mentally ill. It's just an immediate effect of that situation, which won't last a long time.

We just have to stop naming it "mental illness" and reverse what affects them, simple as that. Everything will get back to normal, and everything will be alright.

All the best, and enjoy.

Edited by AffyAvo Nov 17, 2022 see the medical advice guideline