Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Scared to sleep...

HumanPersonThingy April 14th, 2021

Hi, I don't know what to do right now, because I've always had nightmares, but they keep getting more frequent (2 or 3 times a week minimum) and more scary. I know I'm currently having a PTSD flare up, but why do the nightmares keep getting worse and worse? They started getting worse even months before the flare up started! I had to get up an hour early today because I was too terrified to try to go back to sleep because of last night's nightmare, and I was sobbing for over half an hour cause I was just so scared. I keep thinking "ok it can't get any worse than that one" but then it always does, and I'm scared that it'll keep doing that. I don't want to go to sleep knowing I'm risking a nightmare, especially of that level. And this is even with using high dose CBD to try to relax my brain before bed! I can't use melatonin to get me to sleep because it makes them more vivid and more frequent. I don't know what I did to deserve this and I don't know what to do to help/treat/fix it... :(

Goodturtle77 April 14th, 2021

Hay. I think you should say prayers

DaisyBeeBlooming April 15th, 2021

@HumanPersonThingy Hello there. I am sorry to hear your having trouble sleeping due to consistent nightmares. Do you currently see a Therapist or Counselor? Have you tried keeping a dream journal? I would suggest writing out your dreams when you have them, talk to someone you trust about the dreams you are having, & consider Talk Therapy. It seems as if the nightmares are trying to tell you something and until you deal with them head on, they will not go away. If you have past trauma then yes you definetly need to talk everything out so you can get some relief. I understand it is scary but you will get through this. Face your fears, keep fighting. I wish you calm and much relief. Feel better soon🌻

soulsings April 21st, 2021

@HumanPersonThingy CBD is not all the same. Some have THC in them and may be a factor in having nightmares. I find a warm shower and music or a body scan help me relax enough to go to sleep.

pinkMap4438 May 19th, 2021

Hello, Do you think the medication is causing the nightmares?

guswjdd May 27th, 2021

Me too.. mine is worst cuz I have good imagination. So my flashbacks are terrifying. The worst thing is a part of me is conscious so I know this are all fake. But at the same time I’m like scared all the time. I tried the imagination therapy (I don’t know the correct name) but it didn’t work anymore. Counting colours too didn’t work anymore. Sleeping pills too lol. It’s the psychologist said I have ptsd. But I am going to psychiatrist to have a formal diagnosis cuz I’m so freaking helpless I can’t function like I do anymore. Eczema too severe case. Fml haha. I just wanna get fixed but it’s so tiring to try and try and try you know. No one understands. Hurts the most when it’s the woman who gave birth to me inflicted it. And my dad didn’t really do anything like useful one. And religion is the thing that drove this to me so no i don’t care about faith in religion sorry.. I just need scientific help.

DoveandDiego June 13th, 2021

Consider experimenting with various routines, try diffusing different scents every night and see which or if they relax you, if you sllep with lights off try lights on and vice versa, search for "mindful meditation evening" on youtube and complete a session before sleeping.